Newport Harbor Bar Association puts furthering education as a top priority. Members of our association get full access to our Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) classes and various other resources. If you manage a local business and would like to sponsor our nonprofit organization, we'd love to bring you on board.
Make sure you get the legal credits you need to continue to practice in the state of California. We're currently accepting applications for both members and sponsors.
In the state of California, all attorneys who are currently practicing must complete 25 hours of MCLE every three years. Fortunately, we offer 8 MCLE credits at our organization per year. During some of our courses, we'll cover:
- Legal ethics
- Competence issues
- Mental health awareness
The state bar requires:
- Half of the 25 MCLE hours must be in activities approved for what are called participatory MCLE credit
- No more than 12.5 hours can be for self-study
- At least four hours of legal ethics
- At least one hour on competence issues
- At least one hour in an area called the Recognition and Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession and Society
To learn more about the MCLE courses we offer, get in touch with a member of our organization today.
Thinking about joining our bar association? We're here to convince you. Just a few benefits of joining our nonprofit association include:
Joining a welcoming community of attorneys
Gaining access to MCLE courses and other events
Learning about the latest updates to California law