Comm. Michaelson on Contempt Proceedings
Barry S. Michaelson Commissioner, Dept. L-52
- 1962 UCLA Political Science B.A.
- 1965 Boalt Hall, University of California at Berkeley LL.B.
- 1965-1966 Research attorney, Court of Appeal, Third Appellate District, Sacramento
- 1966-1970 Office of County Counsel, Orange County
- 1970-1972 Cohen, Oster & Millard, Santa Ana, Partner
- 1972-2000 Pizer & Michaelson, Inc, Santa Ana, Principal
- 2001-present Trial Commissioner, Orange County Superior Court
- 2001 – 2007: Criminal Domestic Violence; misdemeanors; traffic
- 2007-present: Child Support Commissioner (financial matters; paternity; child support)
- 7/1/12: General Family Law Assignment
The Rutter Group, Enforcing Judments and Debts, co-editor, 1991-1993
California Judges Association: Member Board of Directors, 2004-2007. Secretary/Treasurer, 2006-2007
California Judges Foundation: Member Board of Directors, 2007-2010. Treasurer, 2008-2010
Peter M. Elliott Inn of Court, Founding member, 1985. President 1993-1994